I had been thinking for several months about a superhero party for Beckham's 3rd birthday. When the time got closer all Beckham would talk about was a dinosaur party. REALLY! You mean big, UGLY, do-nothin dinosaurs!
As he became more insistent, my visions of adorable caped and masked 3-year olds running around started to fade. :( I guess his birthday is about what HE wants, but superheros would have been so cute!
So, the quest for a fun dinosaur party began. I started ordering things and had a new vision for his party.
Then two weeks before his birthday, all he would talk about was having a FOOTBALL party!!! Are you kidding me, we had to actually talk him into a dinosaur party!
So, the moral of my story is...do what the MOM wants cause kids can be talked into anything. -ha!
But no matter the theme, it was all worth it to see this look on his face...
We started the party with a dinosaur hunt. I have no pictures of that because my photographer (Krissy) was busy doing the music for one of the stops on the hunt. Six dinosaurs had escaped and the kids had to do a challenge for each one to get them back. They had to follow the dinosaur footprints to find the dinosaurs and then do the challenge. The challenges were singing, dancing, throwing bean bags, finding the hidden dinosaurs, saving the dinosaurs from the lava pit, and the pinata. At each challenge, the kids got a prize for completing it. They seemed to have fun and liked their prizes. Kids are easy to please, and I love how excited they get about every thing.
Then we ate some dino dogs (hot dogs), hot lava (chili), dinosaur toenails (bugle chips), fruit, veggies, dinosaur chicken nuggets (of course), etc. We had cupcakes and this little cake for Beckham. I made each kid a little goody bag to take their prizes home with them.
We started the pinata with Beckham and then youngest to oldest. We only made it through age 6 before the T-Rex was destroyed.
These last pictures crack me up! I love how animated the kids are.
In the end, the kids were happy and Beckham had a blast (except for the part when he was devastated that the kids broke his dinosaur pinata- poor little guy), and we got to share it all with the BEST friends and family ever! I will admit that even dinosaur parties can be cute.
Thanks everyone!






































4 comments:
Fun ideas, and the party turned out great!
The party was GREAT, and EVERYONE enjoyed themselves! The kids loved the dinosaurs and the party. Everyone was happy!
You did such an amazing job! Way to go mom, I love how much you do for your boys and making sure their birthdays are so fun, they are so lucky to have you.
Wow, looks like a fun party. Where is the picture of Beckham being carried off by the dinosaur? Turnout looks good. Did you have it at the church? Sweet, don't have to clean the house!!
Post a Comment