I've been so disturbed lately from a variety of different things including national news, local news, changes that have occured from being pregnant, and comments from friends and strangers. Mostly, I cannot blog about these issues, but I will comment on the last two categories I mentioned above.
#1 A FRIEND'S COMMENT
One of my friends was talking about a vacation her and her family took recently and how much she hated the place. Here's the catch. She hates Wallowa Lake. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I couldn't believe it! I'm still in shock and its been a couple of weeks now. I just went there last week and the whole time I couldn't imagine why anyone would hate the place. I guess it wasn't what she expected, but still! It's one of my most favorite places ever. (slightly disturbing news for me)
and #2 A STRANGER'S COMMENT
So Amber and I were meeting for lunch. Amber is almost exactly one year OLDER than me. Amber got there first and when the lady went to seat us... she called me Amber's MOTHER!!! Yes, MOTHER!!! SHE WASN'T KIDDING ME!!! She truely thought I was her MOTHER!!! She tried to explain that she thought I looked pretty good for being her mother, but the damage was already done! She was still apologizing when we left the place. (VERY disturbing news for me)
5 comments:
I love your new pictures on the side bar! Well--the more people who hate WL, leaves fewer people up there when we go. It is truly beautiful and enjoyable! As for the last comment--Maybe you should go to lunch with Sharon instead of Amber! No, really, that is like asking someone when their baby is due and they aren't pregnant!! Chin up--and try to look younger when you're with Amber!!(Didn't the server see you had 2 young children with you??)
Well, all I have to say is Wallowa Lake is Heaven on Earth for me!! She's crazy and yes, it is very disturbing when you are asked if you're someone's mother or better yet, grandmother!!
You do NOT look old enough to have a 30 year old child. Weird! And Wallowa Lake is fantastic.
The waitress must be crazy or blind. Remember that is takes quite a while for hormones to regulate after having a baby. Sorry everything upsets you.
OMG that is crazy. You are too young looking to be any 30 year old's mother. That lake your talking about sounds like fun. Is it far from La grande? Maybe we should check it out when we come for the reunion--i'm so excited!
Post a Comment