Sunday, August 2, 2009

For Holli

ONE REASON NOT TO HATE WALLOWA LAKE

One of the things to do at WL is ride the gondola up the mountain and hike around on top. The ride up is kinda crazy since you're suspended from a small wire and a box car. Once on top, there is a cute little restraunt, lots of hiking trails, and cute little critters about. We were prepared to feed those critters well! As you can see, we did just that! I was one of the only adult survivers from the trip. Mom didn't even attempt since she is not a friend of heights. Kim and Dad bailed once we got to the loading center (Kim got sick and Dad stayed behind to help her). Krissy made it to the top, but promptly returned back to a more suitable elevation. That left me with everyone until we met up with Brian who was making sure Krissy was safely on her way back down. My little guy and the girls were getting too hot and tired after awhile, so we headed back down and left Taz, Trey, and Brian to enjoy a few more hikes and some food. We had a great time. (well... most of us did :))


High elevation-- 8150 feet to be exact!
How can he possibly fit anymore into those cheeks?
Trey had them eating out of the palm of his hands.
Ella's turn (Taz was mostly the photographer)
Kres loved feeding them and he was one of the few to wait long enough for the little babies to take their turns too. The babies were kind of skidish.
He also was the only one to get them to eat off his tummy.
Good thing Cynjyn has two hands.
It's gorgeous up there.
What a view!
The ride down.


4 comments:

garrynkim said...

Oh, this is my absolute favorite thing to do at WL!! I'm so bummed I missed it!!!

Krissy T. said...

Sorry Holli, I don't know you, but I think it is crazy that you don't like Wallowa Lake! One of my favorite places ever!

gwen said...

Everyone who has ever been there loves the view from the top of the gondola ride. I, for one, prefer to stay on the ground rather than riding in a little cage suspended on a wire far above the ground! Of course, the lake is the highlight with the boat and tubes! You can't beat a WL vacation

Chris said...

Okay, I LOVE Wallowa Lake and have been there many times, but I must admit, I have always been too frugal (or cheap, as some people call it) to ride the gondola. I guess it is indeed a must do! I'll make sure I do it the next time I get up there!
Audra