Saturday, August 29, 2009

tHe fAiR, tHe zOo, and mOmS cAn bE sIcK tOo!

After crying three times yesterday because I was so sick and didn't think moms could take a "sick day", I realized I really could take a sick day and called Clay to come home and help me. I slept from 3ish to 8, and I was so happy to get the rest I needed.

We went to the zoo with some friends recently and to the fair.
Beckham is such a good baby. He really is a dream.
He loves the zoo...
and the fair (or maybe it's his toy keys)!
Cute kids like the zoo too.
Kres and the boys. Poor Kemper was getting his foot stepped on.
Four kids in the double B.O.B. worked out pretty well.
Kres didn't know which animal to look at. He was petting the little one and the big one snuck up on him. I had a good laugh at his reaction. So funny.
This is the kids watching a goat opening the lock off his cage with his mouth. Kres thinks it's funny, but Ella isn't quite sure this is safe.
No, this isn't Trampis, but it sure looks like he did.
What a little sweetie.
Amber took the kids on one ride, and they chose the train. They loved it even though I could walk faster than they were going.
And, they milked a cow.
And, got a sticker to prove it!


While we were driving home from the fair, Kres declared that he had the funnest time and wants everyone to go to the fair with him next time!

3 comments:

gwen said...

Glad you got some much-needed rest! Sometimes mom's just simply HAVE to take a day off! The fair looked fun, and the kids are a good age. Adorable pictures of everyone--but Beckham is really changing. Cutte, cute! Where are those sunglasses I bought Kres?? Protecting his eyes now may save complications in the future!

garrynkim said...

That picture of Beckham in the hat is sooo cute. I agree with mom, he looks like he is really changing:( I figured Kres would LOVE the fair. All those pictures are cute. I see your camera is working again?!

Chris said...

Good for you for demanding a sick day. I fight the temptation for one once a week. Sick of cooking, sick of watching my kids fight, sick of... Most days I try to just be grateful my husband is home most weekends and evenings to play with them.
My kids loved the fair because of all the animals!! Milking a cow sounds like fun. I don't think Elsa would have tried it.