Monday, August 17, 2009

He's FINALLY "free"!

Kresh finally turned three the other day. Ella has been three for over three months and poor Kresh has been confused that he hasn't also been three. And, then we celebrated his birthday three times within the last 2 weeks and none of those times were on his actual real birthday, so that was very confusing as well.
He's such a fun kid. Some of my favorite things about him is his laugh and smile. When he smiles his mouth opens as wide as possible and his laugh is so cute. I love that his hair gets so light in the summer and his cheeks are tan and sunkissed. I love watching him dance and sing. He's definitely a performer! He is so sweet. The other night I went out with a bunch of girlfriends and when I left he said, "have fun with your friends, mommy!" And, the other day at church when I tried to do my hair and makeup nice, he was sitting on my lap and looked into my eyes and said, "you're beautiful, mommy." How could you not love that!
He's got lots of energy and loves to be active, but also likes to sit and read books or tell stories. A few months ago we went to Grandpa's house and in the barn was a dead mole. Ever since then he loves to hear made up stories about moles. I'm running out of ideas about moles, but he loves to hear them anyway. He also likes to tell stories that can be very entertaining. He already has the best sense of humor and loves to make people laugh.
He's just such a JOY! I'm excited to see what year three brings out in him.

We had a birthday party for him and a few little friends. (My camera died, and then my sister's died, so no pics of the party, but I did get some stuff on the video camera) Anyway, he wanted a purple cake, so my sister's sister-in-law made the cutest dinosaur cake for him. Thank you, Alisa. You could eat every bit of that cake, and Kresh loved it so much that he was literally licking the box that it was sitting on.
HaPpY bIrThDaY, LiTtlE mAn!!!!


Not so cute of Beckham, but I love that it shows Kresh's smile so well.

7 comments:

Heather said...

That cake is fantastic! I'm so impressed. Happy birthday Kresh!

garrynkim said...

Kres is really fun, cute and loving. They only get better and funner too!! But, do enjoy this time in their lives as it really does go by quickly!! Glad I was part of at least one of the bday celebrations!!

gwen said...

Everythihng you have said about Kres is true! He is a delightful little boy, and so loving! I love it when I visit him or he visits me--andI miss him when he is gone! I love it when he says, "It's a mystery! and it's weird!" Keep up the good work on raising him right!

Krissy T. said...

I think he had a great time celebrating his birthday (many times)! Happy Birthday Kres! And yes, the cake was adorable and delicious too...

Janell said...

Happy Birthday to Kres! The pictures are darling--he is a really cute boy.

Ixchelle said...

what a coold looking cake-ilove it! Kres is so handsome and so is your baby.

Krissy said...

That cake was super cute. I got some pictures of the party that I will post for you. The kids had such a great time and I always love seeing you.. Both of your boys are just absolutely adorable... Let's get together this week for a play day or something!