Friday, February 20, 2009

For You, Kimberly!








Today is my older sister's birthday.She is truely the best older sister.  I am most blessed to have her in my life.  Although she is ten years older than me, we have been very close my whole life.  My parents made sure we spent lots of quality time with her throughout the years, and she has always spent lots of time at home during the summers thanks to her fantastic husband.  Garry has been a part of the family for almost as long as I remember.  They make a good team.I can never thank my sister enough for all that she has done for me especially the two times in my life that she "saved" me when probably no one else could have.  The first time when I was about 20, my parents didn't know how else to help me.  I was in deep, scary depression.  They finally suggested that I try living with my sister.  She knew just how to help me.  Thank you, Sister!  The second time was two and a half years ago when I was having my first baby.  I've always wanted kids, but I've always been TERRIFIED of giving birth.  With my luck, my husband was gone for almost a year with military training and schooling at the time I was scheduled to give birth for the first time.  I didn't even have to ask my sister.  I was just telling her that Clay was going to be gone, and she said, "I'll be there because I'm the only choice you have!"  It was true.  For me, she was the only one that could help.  I am a VERY private person, and the thought of everyone in town watching me give birth is a nightmare!!!  Yes, my mom is wonderful, but not the best for me in high-stress situations.  Yes, I have a younger sister that lives only 45 minutes away but faints at the sight of blood like the drop of a hat.  In fact, she got so sick last weekend from cutting her finger on a butter knife at Texas Roadhouse.  Poor Krissy.  So, really Kim was my only choice.  But, that meant that she had to travel 12 hours to get here, with three of her kids, and during the two weeks right before school started!  She was also having some major drama at home that she really needed to be home for.  But, she "saved" me anyway and didn't complain once.  She even had to hold my throw-up bucket for 10 hours while I kept filling it!  That's my sister!  She's a saint! She's the best!HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!  Have a great day!

2 comments:

garrynkim said...

Gee, you make me sound like a saint. I've never felt like we're 10 years apart. You're a great "little sister"! Thanks for everything you've done for me and my kids in my life. I love you!

Unknown said...

Happy birthday Kim! Yes, I agree she is a great big sister.
But in all fairness to me, I am getting better at the whole blood thing. Afterall, I didn't faint when I cut my finger with the butter knife, now did I? Just because I was sick for two days afterwards and couldn't eat...