Saturday, April 10, 2010

Beckham has always reminded me of my nephew, Tanner, when he was a baby and especially with his smile. Recently, Tanner was asked to write a poem for a class assignment. He got 100% for his work. And, this is what he came up with:


His deep eyes twinkle
his hair is sprinkled
his soft fingers tickle.

His smile is hard to find
but his laugh is never far behind
the crooked smile
gives me peace of mind.

People say it reminds them
of someone who is here
I wonder who they speak of
I guess I'll wait to hear.

Oh, me!
his smile reminds them
of me
Oh sweet miniature me.

My baby cousin
my smiles
reflection
reminds me
of thee.


Tanner, you made my day! This is definitely going in his baby book. I love it!
Thank you.

4 comments:

garrynkim said...

He told me I had to blog a poem he'd done in class. Glad I did. I loved it too!

Janell said...

What a great poem! And I do love that great Beckham smile.

Krissy T. said...

Yes, Tanner and Beckham are very similar. At least Tanner smiles more now that he is older so there is hope for Beckham :) Just kidding

gwen said...

Tanner and Beckham have similar personalities, too! Quiet, smart and self-assurred! this will be fun to watch as B grows older! Loved the poem!