Friday, May 29, 2009

Question of the day?

I've been asked to answer this question for an upcoming lesson at church, and so I thought I'd see what you all thought.

What do you think are the top five traits of a good husband and father?

(bragging welcomed-bashing not)

9 comments:

christy said...

loving
humble
hard working
funny
lives worthy of his priesthood

gwen said...

1. He shows love and respect for his wife and children
2. He honors his priesthood, is active in the church, and lives the gospel in every way
3. He provides for his family, even if it means doing two jobs
4. He participates as a family member, helping his wife and children, helping with household tasks such as doing dishes and laundry
5. He supports his wife and children and puts selfishness aside

garrynkim said...

1. Honors his priesthood by serving others
2. Helps out at home with kids and chores
3. Thinks of his family before himself (basically, isn't selfish)
4. Works hard to provide for his family
5. Spends quality time with his wife and kids.

Krissy T. said...

I agree with everyone's answers so far! When I was single, I always hoped to find someone who met the following two criteria: a worthy priesthood holder who would marry me in the temple, and someone who was kind to those around him. So, I guess those would be my top two. It is hard to narrow it down to 5. Probably I would add to my list to say someone who is respectful of his wife and her role in the family, someone who is unselfish, and someone who takes care of his family by providing for them and by spending time with them.

jessica said...

Number one has to be Honorable Priesthood Holder. If he truly honors his priesthood then everything will be there....loving, humble, respectful, willing to sere, honest, good father etc...

I would definitely add good sense of humor and
hard worker.

jessica said...

I meant willing to serve...just in case you didn't figure that one out.

Ixchelle said...

1. puts the Lord first and wife second.

2. treats wife like a queen (troy is a great example)

3. Lives the Gospel daily.

4. Helps around the house.

5. Teaches the Gospel to his children, plays with them, spends quality time with them and of course his wife too.

6. Is humble, teachable, compassionate, great communicator, loving, forgiving, repents often.

Ixchelle said...

p.s your kids are so adorable. Congrats on #2. I've been out of the loop for awhile, so sorry for not commenting often.

Connie said...

Actually, I think the best thing is to show love to his wife for the munchkins, sweetpea. I know that's what my grown-up kids said.

Also, I'm preparing a blog on American men and would love to use a picture of your hubby for it. Look at my blog and let me know if it's okay with you by getting in touch with me by my email on my Profile Page, honey.

Darling fam.
xoxo,
Connie